Dedication!

Dedication!
This is Paradise, I'm telling ya.

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Blog to the start.

So... I've got a TV show and writing credits under my belt. My twitter and facebook fanpage seems to be growing nice-like. It seems I've done the hard stuff first. Which is odd.

So.. I started to look for what can help me build a good blog. Seeing as I have all sorts of rubbish on my mind on a daily basis (For example, 'Where pencils go'? We NEVER throw them away.. so where do they go!?') but what's the point of me blog is nobody follows/uses it? Right?

Regardless... I'll just use it as a diary of nowt else.

Anyway, http://www.chrisbrogan.com seems to have some awesme advice! So lets see if it works!


  1. It starts with a picture that captures your eye.
  2. No. It starts with a title that makes you pay attention.
  3. The post is useful to others, and not just about you.
  4. It’s easy to read, and not a big clump of text.
  5. It’s written in a human voice, and not corporate-ese.
  6. There’s information there that might require a second visit.
  7. You write in small words where possible. Remember: eschew obfuscation.
  8. You use links out to resources liberally. Share, share, share
    1. Posts that gather resources into one place are very often heavily bookmarked.
    2. Controversial posts get lots of links from people refuting your information.
    3. Popular current topic posts often get swept up in searches.
    4. Blog posts with your own original thoughts never get old (versus posting a few observations on others’ stuff).
    5. Writing reviews of products or services sometimes get links, especially if you’re early to the game.
    6. Writing how-to information goes everywhere, gets linked everywhere, is one of the best types of posts, depending on your audience.
    7. Blog posts explaining use cases for products and services are good, too.
    8. Blog topics about applying ideas to specific industries get play in that industry.
    9. Pieces written to reinvent an industry don’t get very many links, but attract comments.
    10. Writing list posts never dies. Wish it weren’t true, but my top posts are lists. Always
    11. Use appropriate plug-ins to share blog posts. I’m using Tweetmeme and ShareThis.
    12. Share only the very best posts on services like Twitter, and pipe your blog feed into sites like Facebook, LinkedIn (if it relates to your profession), and FriendFeed.
    13. Note: sharing other people’s stuff makes them a bit more interested in sharing yours.
    14. The post ends with a question that encourages more thought.
    15. The post is written such that the community might have something to add. Do you?

So, over the next few days I'll work my way through them to be a multi media Jedi! At the moment I'm a pony-tailed Padawan. And you know what they say about pony tails! You lift one up, and all you see is an ass hole!


Peace out, younglins. x

No comments:

Post a Comment